Friday, March 19, 2010

The Repeat

It seems I have been hitting up NM wheelin spots in pairs, I went back to Rio Puerco yesterday. My parents came into town this week to visit and I wanted to take them wheelin. We tried a spot closer in Santa Fe, but it was closed due to "wet conditions", which means the snow is melting and making the road sloppy muddy. So we went down to dryer climes. I was able to find my way back into the Puerco without a guide, which was reassuring as last time we heard stories from our guides about people getting lost. It was fun to show my father around, see what his tundra could do, AND wheel toppless for the first time this year!









The other first for this trip was bringing our dogs on the trail. They were great. They rode in the back on the main trail, and got kicked out for any of the hard stuff. My Dad's dogs were in attendance and were much worse about getting in front of the truck as we tried to drive. I was proud of our dogs.




As far as the wheelin is concerned. I had allot of fun and showed off on many of the same obstacles I was shown last time. I did find one new very steep climb and have decided the 4-runner is a really good climber.



Here is my Dad's Tundra crawling up a sandy hill climb. The V-8 is obviously useful.



Deuces,

Leni

No comments:

Post a Comment