Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Colorado Wheeling

I finally decided that I will keep posting to this blog. I am however going to take the advice of my brother-in-law and move toward a picture only post. I don't like typing.

I will give a little bit of a story for the this trip. We went to colorado to climb Mr. Blanca. Mt. Blanca has a trail that leads up to Lake Como at 12k ft that looks to be passable by any stock 4wd truck. There are 4 big obstacles on the trail that can only be driven with lockers and 35" tires.

Here's the first obstacle:



Our friends Shawn and Sandra came in their Tacoma. On the first rock Shawn slid down and knocked his t-case and popped a hole in it:



So after getting the Tacoma off the rock we kept going up to the next obstacle.



Here Shawn decided to leave his truck, so Maggie and I took out stuff up and dropped it off by the lake. This required climbing the rest of the way up, turning around, and wheeling back down in the dark:



Here is our camp site:



and the truck explosion:



We actually made it to the top the next day:



We took all 4 dogs up and wore them out:





The trip back down involved some entertaining on the edge wheeling.



At the bottom Maggie and I went into town and got some JB weld to patch the hold in Shawn's t-case. Then the long trip back home.

Peace.

Leni

No comments:

Post a Comment